SOBER FRESH STARTS PROGRAM
We offer sober fresh start aftercare scholarships, which include sober living rent and support for family members. We want to support those with substance use disorders with positive steps toward living a substance-free life. Candidates are given a chance for a fresh start and transition into their new sober live in a safe and successful way without the financial burden of paying rent right after treatment. Our goal is to support individuals and their families on their path to recovery and a new healthy, lifestyle.
Sober living facilities provide a safe, structured, healthy living environment for men and women to continue to work on what they have learned in treatment and build upon their sobriety while offering much needed peer support.
Our family program helps family members gain a deeper understanding of addiction and attain greater confidence in assisting loved ones by developing new tools, resources and support systems.
- Colorado residents and local facilities only
- 1 month of rent at a sober house (intake fees not included)
- 6 sessions or more sessions of our family program must be attended by a family member on Thursday evenings on Zoom, required
- Limited number of scholarships are available each month, so not all applications are approved
GUIDELINES FOR POTENTIAL CANDIDATES
- Candidates must be motivated to live in a structured sober house
- A family member must commit to attend at least 6 sessions of our family program HELD on Thursday evenings on Zoom
- Preference is for applicants to be in a treatment program
- Must be sober for at least 30 days before applying
- Attend meetings and have a sponsor
- Be motivated to live a life of recovery and be of service to others
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE:
- Do not call before you fill out the application. The first step is to fill out the application and then a phone call will follow.
- Applicants must fill out our scholarship application form COMPLETELY and submit a personal statement how the scholarship will support their recovery goals
- Providing a personal reference will be helpful in approving the scholarship
- To start the process, click on the link below and fill out the one page application:
- Applicant will receive a phone interview after application is submitted if guidelines are met.
A PATH TO FINDING HOPE IN RECOVERY (our original treatment scholarship program)
1. By providing funds for quality addiction treatment to those affected by the disease who can’t afford it, but are committed to their recovery. We offer treatment scholarships based on need.
2. By providing financial support for those who want to move into sober living after completing treatment (see above). We will help with the rent for the first month or longer until employment is found by the resident.
3. By providing positive emotional support and education for family members affected by the disease through our family program.
4. A family member or friend of the scholarship recipient must attend our family program as a condition of receiving a scholarship from us.
An application must be submitted for each of the financial support services, including medical detox, treatment, sober living, and addiction counseling. Each application will be evaluated by our staff based on need and availability of the funds
It is our hope this path to recovery will help addicts and their families. Cody loved helping other addicts and these goals are in line with what he would have wanted us to do in honoring his short life, which involved him losing his heartbreaking battle with addiction.